cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change host to user with free license

FABPROVGRON
Level 1
Level 1

If I start a meeting as a host (business license) I can assign a guest (with a free license) as a host. Will there be any limits when I leave this meeting (max. during / max. persons)?

1 Accepted Solution

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I just tried this and it seems to be acceptable. The meeting sponsor is who initiated the room. So if I create a webex meeting, PMR, or scheduled, it is using my license. If then in the meeting I left and moved host permissions to my dummy gmail account, it let me and the meeting remained active for over an hour.

However, I will say that this should not be taken into a common practice. While its likely acceptable on occasion, this should not be a method to use in attempt to allow a free account to continuously host meetings.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I just tried this and it seems to be acceptable. The meeting sponsor is who initiated the room. So if I create a webex meeting, PMR, or scheduled, it is using my license. If then in the meeting I left and moved host permissions to my dummy gmail account, it let me and the meeting remained active for over an hour.

However, I will say that this should not be taken into a common practice. While its likely acceptable on occasion, this should not be a method to use in attempt to allow a free account to continuously host meetings.
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.