Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Webex Service utilizing 35 % of CPU

pgurunat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi , 

Last 2 days , i am seeing increasing CPU for Cisco Webex Service in my Windows's Laptop , Its constantly utilizing 35 % on avg , 

I am using Lenovo T470 with Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300U CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.71 GHz  and 16 GB RAM

Please take this high priority issue , this is blocking other activities in my laptop . 

Thanks , 

Prabhu Gurunathan

8 Replies 8

zhangqie
Level 1
Level 1

I have hit the same cpu throttle after upgraded to win 11 when using webex ,tested webex 32 and 64 bit same

upgraded windows and webex to the latest while issue persist

Thinkpad T15 Gen 2 /32G Ram /MX450 VGA

Paul UKC
Level 1
Level 1

Getting the same high CPU problem. The fan on my AMD 5600X CPU is pretty loud when WebEx is maximised. It drops to 0% CPU usage when it's minimised. 
I have a Smart meter and it's using 20W of extra power when WebEx is maximised, pretty crazy.

I've tried both the 32bit and 64bit. I think this issue has only turned up since "upgrading" to Windows 11.

It seems like it was an issue with the Favorites tab, when you add someone there the cpu goes up to 30%. But i can confirm that is now solved on version 41.11.0.20717.

Yep, downloaded the latest installer and that got me 41.11.0.20717 and it's back to normal CPU usage. Happy days!

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Multiple users are also reporting these issues with the atmgr.exe in the Webex app beta forum (including myself).

We've provided some logs and process dumps, engineering is looking into it.

I've not heard of a solution/cause for it yet, just wanted to mention that Cisco is aware of it.

aixtools
Level 1
Level 1

I merely installed 'Webex' and 'Cisco WebEx Meetings' and it/these choose to install the 32-bit service, rather than a 64-bit service.
Further, why is it even running if both 'Webex' and 'Cisco WebEx Meetings' are not active (no auto start, exit after meetings).
While not always at 35%, 10% is quite common - and it is noticeable, probably some i/o queueing getting in the way.

While I am not the person who opened the issue - I would rather the service only ran while I am actively using 'Webex' related applications.

Regards,

pgurunat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks Nitin , Will try this . 

Why do you use 32 bit, can you try  using  64 bit app ?

Response Signature