Views
Helpful
Replies

Control Share in Ubuntu

heitorfaria06
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I use Ubuntu 22.04, and to my surprise, no one can share machine controls with me. Is it supported?

I can only use Linux due to my company's security policies, and I made a subscription just because of this feature. Very disappointing.

Rgds.

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you just start a subscription and did you sign up on the Webex.com site or did your company order through a reseller?

We’re at the beginning of a front end and back end migration internally referred to as Converged Meetings. If you signed up on Webex.com you are probably already on the new setup - which doesn’t have remote control implemented yet. It’s coming - hopefully starting beta in the next 60 days (safe harbor statement applies) - but that doesn’t help you today. I’m also not certain the degree GNU/Linux support has been committed; that platform has an ongoing chicken-or-egg problem; we keep telling Cisco it’s needed but the usage telemetry is always low.

Let me know how/where you subscribed.

Hello Jonathan,

I started a subscription from the webex.com website.

Thanks for the nice reply. I will wait anxiously for the beta and the stable new version. Microsoft Teams sucks.

Rgds.

Quick update: remote control has entered beta - but only on Windows & macOS. This isn't surprising: Cisco usually implements stuff on those OSes first since that's where a huge majority of their users are. GNU/Linux support is planned but NDAs prohibit me from sharing roadmap details publicly.