Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating a Team/Space?

18Simple4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Today, I had a meeting with my management team and we discussed what members of our organization would be working on certain projects moving forward. The management team is pretty thin on time right now, so they tasked me with "creating a team" in Webex Teams. Is it the same as creating a space or am I mistaken? If they are different, how do I create this team? 

1 Accepted Solution

Thanks for asking your question here in the community :) I hope the resources shared above are helpful for you!
Below is a simplified way to create a Team (with screenshots for visuals):
1. Go to the Teams tab by clicking on the icon that looks like 3 circles connected together in the left navigation pane. Choose New Team, name the team, and click Create Team. Your team is assigned a color so you can easily distinguish it from the others.

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 9.22.11 AM.png
2. Select the new team, click Members, and Add Team Member. Then, enter a name or email address and pick from the results list. People get added to the General space automatically, but then can join any team spaces on their own.

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 9.24.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 9.24.18 AM.png
3. To create more spaces, click Create a space, and enter a space name.

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 9.26.27 AM.png

Please let me know if this was helpful to you :) Have a great day!

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Also check out this link https://help.webex.com/landing/onlineclasses/previousClass/Webex-Teams#Take-5-Messaging-Teams-and-Spaces

Its about 2 minutes into the training

"Take 5: Teams, Spaces and UI & capabilities"

In addition you can also invite folks to the Team which means all spaces created inside the Team are visible for them to join. However a common ask is to have some folks be a part of the Team and others be a part of only some spaces inside the Team. You can do that too and if you invite folks only to certain spaces inside the Team they can't see the structure of the entire Team. This way if some spaces are to be hidden from them you can accomplish that too. One caveat with Teams is you cannot today moderate a space other than the "General" space so keep that in mind. In addition only "General" space can be made into an announcement space. Other sub spaces cannot be made into an announcement space.

Thanks for asking your question here in the community :) I hope the resources shared above are helpful for you!
Below is a simplified way to create a Team (with screenshots for visuals):
1. Go to the Teams tab by clicking on the icon that looks like 3 circles connected together in the left navigation pane. Choose New Team, name the team, and click Create Team. Your team is assigned a color so you can easily distinguish it from the others.

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 9.22.11 AM.png
2. Select the new team, click Members, and Add Team Member. Then, enter a name or email address and pick from the results list. People get added to the General space automatically, but then can join any team spaces on their own.

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 9.24.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 9.24.18 AM.png
3. To create more spaces, click Create a space, and enter a space name.

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 9.26.27 AM.png

Please let me know if this was helpful to you :) Have a great day!

Response Signature

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi @18Simple4 

My understanding is the following:

A "Space" is a group of people.
This group does not have a sub-structure and not necessarily a moderator/owner.

A "Team" is a group of Spaces and has at least one moderator/owner.
Besides the default "Sub-Space" "General" you may add some more.

Example:
Team: "Management" may contain:
- General

- HR

- Finance
- Legal
- Marketing

- Projects

All Team-Members are members of "General", the Moderator/s may add them to other Spaces within that team.

some more information here:
https://help.webex.com/en-us/4eawbp/Webex-Teams-Spaces-and-Teams

https://help.webex.com/en-us/zuwad5/Webex-Teams-Roles-on-Teams-and-Spaces

kind regards
Fritz