Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable microphone filtering in Webex Meetings app

We use a Poly Trio 8800 via USB with the current Version of the Webex Meetings app. The microphone volume and clearness is quite low, independent of the audio modes (Noise removal, Optimize for my voice, Music mode). This is in the audio test mode as well as for the audience.

When using the browser instead of the app the microphones signal is much clearer. The only explanation is, that there is a microphone filtering mechanism, even in the Music mode. Is it possible to disable this filtering?

5 Replies 5

dwilde
Level 1
Level 1

I am having this same issue with the embedded microphone on my laptop (windows).   This issue does not happen with my non-embedded microphone.   Why is there no option to disable smart audio?   Is Cisco even actively looking at fixing this?

daniel231
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

While I really enjoy the voice and sound enhancement features, I would prefer to be able to disable them for longer meetings, too. The noise can get intense over time and the headset notifications volume does not get adjusted to the system volume. But most likely this is not possible. Hopefully there will be a disable function some day.

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Franz Schoenberg,

Those are the only three modes that are available and I don't think there is any option to disable Webex Smart Audio. You can try disabling "Automatically adjust volume" settings and see if it makes any difference. 

Also, try upgrading your webex meetings app. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi @Vaijanath Sonvane,

thank you for your reply. In music mode the automatic volume adjustment is disabled by default. I will contact Cisco with the request to implement a setting which disables Webex Smart Audio at all.

Cisco acknowledged to me that Webex Smart Audio is affecting the sound signal in each option. They suggest to use the web app instead if this filtering is not needed. They also don’t want to implement an option to deactivate in the Meetings app.

If somebody is affected by the issue my litte tip: In the software of some competitors you can disable the audio “improvement” at all.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.