cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does WebEx have a procotol that works like ciscotel in Cisco Jabber?

jswm_mm01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.

We currently use Cisco Jabber 14 on our CUCM 14 installation and have a light integration with our CRM system where all phonenumbers are created with a hyperlink that uses the ciscotel protocol prefix. So e.g. ciscotel://1234 which will call 1234 when clicked on.

In Cisco Jabber the call is being set up as soon as the person clicks the link without being asked to confirm that the call should be made. However I've been unable to get this to work with the WebEx client.

I've tried both tel: and webextel: but in both cases I'm prompted by WebEx to confirm that I want to make the call when I click the links.

Is there no protocol or setting that can bypass the prompting?

Regards,

Martin Moustgaard

2 Replies 2

Hi,

Yes, you should be able to use the following protocols to invoke the click-to-call feature with Webex on your PC:

• TEL: or TEL://
    WEBEXTEL: or WEBEXTEL://
    SIP: or SIP://

If users reset their default app settings, they can easily reset them to use the Webex app from their PC settings options. You may refer to the following steps:

Webex App | Choose as your Calling app 

I tested the click-to-call feature using the following examples:

• SIP://123
  • WEBEXTEL://123

Regards,

Disclaimer:
Responses are based on personal knowledge and experience. Consider them as guidance. Other members may offer different perspectives or better approaches. No responsibility is assumed for outcomes; discretion is advised.

Hi Shalid.

Thank you for your answer. However when I do this here WebEx prompts me if I'd like to call 123 and that's no matter which protocol I prefix the number with (see example below).

With our Cisco Jabber today we get the same prompt if we prefix the number with tel:// (e.g. tel://123) however if we use ciscotel:// as prefix (e.g. ciscotel://123) Cisco Jabber makes the call directly without prompting the user to confirm the call first.

Does your WebEx client call the number directly without asking for confirmation first? Because then there must be a setting somewhere that I'm overlooking.

Regards,

Martin

WebEx prompt.jpg