cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Host to co-host meeting control

james.gallant
Level 1
Level 1

Our meetings are set that every attendee with an account is a co-host. The problem we have is, the meeting may not be over but the host has to leave. We he closes his system it ends the meeting, is there a way to prevent that?

6 Replies 6

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3
When the Host leaves, they can choose to end the meeting for all or just leave the meeting. If they just leave the meeting the Co-host takes over.

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately it has not worked that way. When the host decides to leave the meeting, he clicks the X in the corner and then clicks leave meeting. The meeting shuts down.  Is there a better way for his to leave a meeting that will allow the meeting to continue?

If there is no Co-host available in the meeting assign some on as the co-host before leaving the meeting.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/n1bqkbv/Add-Cohosts-for-Webex-Meetings-and-Webex-Events-New

Add a Cohost During Your Webex Meeting or Event

During a meeting or event, hosts can assign the Cohost role to one or more meeting attendees—even to guest attendees.

Open the Participants panel and locate the attendee that you want to make a Cohost.

Right-click the attendee's name and then select Change Role > Make Cohost.

The option to assign the role is dimmed for attendees who join from unsupported applications.

Response Signature

Thank you for the feedback. All meeting attendees are set to be a co-host. For some reason when the host closes the meeting on his computer it ends the meeting for the rest of us.

WebEx preferences screenshot.jpg

Since you selected 

• All attendees who have host accounts on this site and all authenticated Cisco video devices in this organization become cohosts when they join my Personal Room meetings

Does any user who has a host account joined the meeting ? or a device in your organisation joined the meeting ?  if not, when  host leave the meeting will be closed. 

If any user who has  host account or any of your organisation device joined your meeting, are you able see them as cohost on the attendees list ?

Response Signature

The meeting typically starts before the host joins. All of the attendees have host accounts and show as a co-host on the attendee list. I believe what is happening, when he attempts to leave the meeting he is clicking to end the meeting rather than just to leave the meeting. I will not be able to verify until the meeting tomorrow morning. 

I was hoping there would be a check box option to switch the host to a co-host when the host leaves / ends a meeting and there are still attendees.