Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hosting a Meeting

For our 400+ meeting is it best for guests to call in should their computer sound go in and out? Do the go on mute while called in? If so, can they unmute? 

And is there a headset.our guest should be speaking into? 

Thanks! 

4 Replies 4

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3

Cisco makes both the 500 and 700 series headsets.  I personally prefer the sound quality on the 500 series as it gives a better low end response.  But you can't beat the portability of the bluetooth style 700 series.  Check out your options on the following link.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/headsets/index.html

Wondering how a 500 series headset sounds?  check out this recording.  It was made with the 500 series headset.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0slCEqyUUw&t=2s

Hi Matt, 

Thanks for the response! 

I'm trying to determine how our fundraising Emcee should host the event. I feel safest with her using a desktop that is connected to an Ethernet cord. I am trying to now figure out how best for her to narrate -- the computer mic or a landline/cell phone. 

I am not having much luck figuring out the best practices around the type of event we are hosting. We have asked SO many questions to WebEx staff and they have tried hard to explain. Am still lost. 

For the host / presenter, I always would recommend joining with a wired connection, and if a laptop, absolutely make sure its powered and does not go to sleep.

As for audio, I go by the following order:
1. Webex Room Device
2. PSTN Call with headset
3. Computer Audio with headset.

Now computer audio is typically just as reliable in most meetings and a wireless headset makes it a non issue for movement. However, splitting the audio to a PSTN / cell phone can relieve some stress on the computer CPU.

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,

This very much depends on the service you are using for Webex. Computer audio works well on a stable connection, but if your service has PSTN capability, you can allow a combination of both.

For Muting, the host should enable Mute on Entry, or schedule the meeting as a Webex Event for more control over attenddees. They can freely unmute in Meetings, and the Host has to unmute them in Events.

As for headsets, most of the popular brands are good to use. Of course I do like using my Cisco headset. Its very light and comfortable.