cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I have purchased on 2 host license package. But I cannot host 2 meetings at the same time.

AK Academy
Level 1
Level 1

I have purchased on 2 host license package. But I cannot host 2 meetings at the same time. How to setup 2nd host license or what to do?

1 Accepted Solution

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
2 host licenses implies two unique hosts can host two separate meetings. So you need to use each login separately to host two separate meetings. One license can only host one meeting

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
2 host licenses implies two unique hosts can host two separate meetings. So you need to use each login separately to host two separate meetings. One license can only host one meeting

Hello, 

I wasn't sure where to post my question so I wanted to ask here. 

I am running Cisco Webex Meeting on Windows 10 and have purchased the Pro package with 2 host licenses. One license is for me which is linked already to my email. How do I give the second person license number 2? Thank you!

If you are the one that purchased the licenses, you should be considered the Site Admin and you should have received instructions on how to log into Control Hub - https://help.webex.com/en-us/v71ztb/Add-Users-Manually-in-Cisco-Webex-Control-Hub. That will allow you to assign out the other license. (Should be same login as your Webex login)

A host can have no more than 2 simultaneous meetings. This is to assist with overlapping meetings, etc. Currently, you can assign an alternate host when scheduling, but the alternate host must also have a license on your site. With the 40.9 release, the alternate host role is changing to 'co-host' role, and the limitation of a host license being required will no longer be there. 

How do you set up the second host license?

How do I create alternative hosts so they can hosts meetings I scheduled?

Hi. You can only give alternate host to someone who also does not have a license on your site, if that is what you are trying to do?

Response Signature

The entire purpose of a host license is that it’s tied to a user. There is no concept of Alternate user. Folks have tried to share an account but that violates terms of a named host license

You can look at models like active user but that makes sense as your user count grows.

There is lesser sold model called shared ports. The name is misleading because it’s not really ports but that for every license you buy you get 250 named hosts so you don’t run out of licenses so to speak. Then basically Cisco monitor usage your usage to ensure you are not holding meetings above a certain threshold.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/cisco-collaboration-flex-plan/datasheet-c78-741648.html