cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mac VDI Video video on a different monitor

trent.andrews
Level 1
Level 1

I setup VDI.  I have a Mac Mini, and connecting to a VM running windows 10.   I have three monitors.  

The Video and everything is working.   Just the Video is on the third monitor instead on inside the meeting windows.

Can I fix this?   If so how.

6 Replies 6

trent.andrews
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco has confirmed this is a bug and has been able to recreate it.  Bug Number is CSCwc09713

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @trent.andrews ,

Can you perhaps make your question a bit clearer?

Does the Windows 10 VM have access to all 3 monitors 

What VDI application are you running? VNC? RDP?...? What are the video settings?

You've mentioned a "meeting window" - I assume the Webex running on the VM, but this is not clear

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

The Windows 10 machine has access to all three monitors.

Using VMWare Horizon Client Tried with both blast and RDP)

Here is a picture of what it is doing.

The meeting is one monitor 2 and when I click start video it show up on monitor 3.

IMG_1970.jpg

I actually think it is the host putting the camera in the wrong place.

Hi @trent.andrews ,

That's not right. (As in it shouldn't look like that).  I've often seen Apps (including Webex) get somewhat confused about multiple screens, but when you click Start Video, your video should appear, depending on whether presenter is sharing content or not:

• see your video on the stage (main part of the Webex screen) if no content is being shared, OR
  • see your video above the stage (or beside the stage, depending on your preferences)

Now if YOU are the presenter, it it a little different

• If you are sharing your screen when you start your video, then you won't see your video on the stage, instead you should see a floating image (similar to the one in your pic) which may turn up on any screen - likely to be NOT the screen being shared
    • Could this explain what is happening?  It kind of looks like it, except the preview window doesn't seem proportioned correctly...

Not sure if I'm on the right track or whether you need to get support involved.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

I think you are on the right track.  

I am going to work with a couple of my coworkers, and attempt to confirm this.   

Might take a couple of days.

Trent

I have opened a ticket, and will get back to everyone.   At least there is a simple work around with only one monitor.

Trent