cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Microphone still active even when participant appears to be muted

John_Lux
Level 1
Level 1

I was recently hosting a meeting with participants from a number of countries. During the break one of the participants started a private conversation with someone else not in the meeting and a lot of keyboard bashing, all of which could be heard by all participants.

Problem was ... all participants appeared to be muted.

I muted/unmuted/muted all, but still the voice/keyboard were load and clear.

Three questions come from this experience:

1) How to identify which of the > 100 participants is the audible one when all participants appear as muted?

2) How to definitively stop their sound without removing them from the meeting?

3) How to prevent this from occurring in the future?

Any thoughts would be most welcome ... thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

John_Lux
Level 1
Level 1

For anyone who stumbles across this question, or has something similar, I followed up with WebEx Support and the problem is known, but so far not reproduceable consistently, and relates specifically to users who join from a thin client via browser causing them to hit bug WEBEX-237922

No fix, and the workaround/mitigation would seem to be simply to try and encourage all users to install the WebEx app.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

John_Lux
Level 1
Level 1

For anyone who stumbles across this question, or has something similar, I followed up with WebEx Support and the problem is known, but so far not reproduceable consistently, and relates specifically to users who join from a thin client via browser causing them to hit bug WEBEX-237922

No fix, and the workaround/mitigation would seem to be simply to try and encourage all users to install the WebEx app.

John_Lux
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know if this is relevant or not, but according to the meeting report, the person concerned was connected through the Meetings Web App