cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My Cancelled Meeting is still showing on Invitees’ Calendars

dleese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I created a one-off Meeting which I ended up needing to cancel. It no longer is showing on my Webex Server nor on my Desktop or Mobile Outlook. Why are my Invitees still seeing it on their Outlook? It seems like my Cancellation did not truly-execute. How do I get my Invitees to receive its true cancellation? I have a super-manual workaround in mind but wanted something easier that’s been tried and tested. 

2 Replies 2

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

It can be important to cancel the meeting using the same app you created the meeting in.  For instance if you scheduled the meeting in MS Outlook using either the Webex Scheduler or the @webex setting, you need to cancel it from Outlook as well.  If you cancel it from the web portal, it doesn't "clear" all the settings in MS Outlook so it will be removed from your account but can remain there for other users. Unfortunately once you've cancelled it from your account, you can't go back and open it to cancel it using the correct app.

Response Signature

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to send a regular meeting cancelation from Outlook for the occurrence or series.