cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[request] Elgato Stream Deck plugin for Webex App (Win10)

marcus@ibm
Level 1
Level 1

This has been posted as a feature request on Aha! - If you like it, pls upvote here:

https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-7954

Thank you.

~~~~~

As a heavy user of Webex Meetings and Webinars at a large global IT company, I am constantly trying to optimize the online meeting & workshop experience for my learners and clients. 

Since I have been using the Corsair/Elgato Stream Deck device on my ThinkPad (Windows 10), my life has become much easier. I can now run my workflow easier, smoother; integrate sounds, audio streams, and transition between programs etc. - all by the click of a button. Most importantly, that smooth experience is extremely well received by my meeting participants.

The Elgato Stream Deck is essentially a programmable keypad where each key is graphically customizable, to trigger actions on the computer (e.g. control volumes, launch apps, start a presentation, or even adjust back-lighting in my room, etc.).
Today, many independent developers have integrated a vast range of streaming applications to Elgato Stream Deck, using the Elgato SDK (e.g. YouTube, Voicemod, Twitch, and Webex competitors like ZOOM). Unfortunately, there are not too many integration with business applications like Webex, that allow for a similar, smooth experience.

It would be more than welcome, if Webex Meetings and Webinars would get direct integration points for the Elgato Stream Deck software. Since some Webex keyboard shortcuts exist already, it should not be rocket science. However, configuring hot keys in Stream Deck to work with Webex it is not working out yet.

Request a Stream Deck Plugin for Webex Meetings and Webex Weginars with at the most urgently requested features below. A plugin would have buttons for
  1. toggle screen share on/off (e.g. start/stop video or audio; with preconfigured content or sreens)

Think of a frequent scenario, where you are using multiple sources of content to share in your meeting, where you need to quickly switch from "participant grid view" to "share PPT" or "share screen #2", to "share video with audio", to "show whiteboard", etc.)
  2. show/hide panels for participants, chat, Q&A, Apps
  3. mute self/participants
  4. lock/unlock meeting
  5. show people raising their hand and unmute them with one click
  6. start/stop audio (with preselected inputs and outputs)
  7. start/stop video (with preselected input/output)
Other nice to haves would be "paste preconfigured text to chat content (like questions)", but that may probably take some more time.

Thanks for considering and pls upvote if you like this feature request.
1 Accepted Solution

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Feature requests are tracked in aha, see resources/share product idea in the right pane: https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Feature requests are tracked in aha, see resources/share product idea in the right pane: https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/