cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared Content = 2nd Webcam

Daniel.Peters
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe I missed it, but there should be a way natively to share a 2nd webcam over the shared content feature of Webex on the same computer. Talking with a webex rep, we didn't see anything built into Webex that would allow it. Would love to see that feature added. A very generic example of it being used: While keeping the main camera on the speaker, they can use a 2nd camera to show something physically in-front of them.

Is there any 3rd party ways to share a 2nd camera in the Share Content section? 

Attached is an screen shot using a Cisco Room Kit. They have an HDMI input I was able to connect an Atem Mini into and share multiple cameras and computers while keeping the main camera focused on the speaker so that keep can keep eye contact with his audience. This is what I want to achieve, but not be dependent on a Cisco Room Kit to buy for every employee that needs to demo something.

3 Replies 3

Mike Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,
As you have shown, this has been a pretty standard option and used in many scenarios with the room kit hardware.
There are a number of apps that can stream your second webcam feed, but a simple example would be the native Camera app in Windows 10. You could load this and start previewing Webcam #2, then within Webex, start sharing the Camera application and ensure you select Optimize for Motion and Video. This would give you the desired experience.

I have done this exact scenario using the laptop built in webcam as the primary speaker video and a GoPro / Camlink HDMI/USB converter and it worked well enough to have the customer continue to use it.

Response Signature

Hi Mike,

I think that works in some situations but when trying to use a virtual cam program like OBS Windows 10 Camera does not pick it up.

It would be great if you guys could pinch the feature that zoom has which is to directly share the second camera and present it as if you would a presentation.

We are currently using Webex for our Worship Sevices and there seems to be a glitch with pinning someone, when people join the pin disappears from the original person.

What presenting the virtual cam enables us to be able to lock onto our virtual camera program giving us more control over what is presented.

Any chance you guys are working at bringing this feature similar to zoom?

Both Zoom and MS Teams now have this (I think Zoom has had it for a while).

C'mon, Webex.

I, too, am having the issue where Camera (the app) doesn't like OBS.