cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to view shared content on iPad/iPhone

gogoshoot
Level 1
Level 1

Our work offers a montly all-hands meeeting on Webex Meeting that usually includes a lot of powerpoint presentations or just someone sharing their whole screen to demonstrate something.  I typically connect on an iPhone or iPad.  Until yesterday's meeting, I never had any problem viewing the shared screen/presention.  But now, even in experiments post-meeting, it does not appear that any user connected on an iphone/ipad are able to view the shared screen/presentation.  Users on desktop/laptops were fine.  The host is not doing anything differently than she has for the past year or so that we've had the meeting.  She did try sharing the powerpoint file to the meeting, versus sharing the powerpoint window or her whole screen, and iphone/ipad participants could see it only then.  But the host noted this isn't ideal because it doesn't support animation and doesn't solve the problem if what's being shared is perhaps a web demo or other dynamic content.  Anyone know if there's a way to address this?  Note:  I also shared something FROM my ipad.  Anyone on a real computer could see it, but anyone on an iPad or iPhone couldn't. 

1 Accepted Solution

Igor Lukic
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @gogoshoot,

what iOS version are you and your users using?

There several reports about this issue and all have in common that iOS version 15.3.1 seems to be affected.

Please look at this thread, as this user has done extensive testing:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/webex-meetings-and-webex-app/not-viewing-share-screen-or-video-participants-on-ipad-ios-15-3/m-p/4552824#M7810

Best regards,

Igor 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

stella1366
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have the same issue on the public beta of iPad OS 16 (16.0).  Webex Meet 42.6.1.  No shared content coming through.  The participant video continues as before except with the arrow icon indicating they are sharing.

Best regards,

Mark

Igor Lukic
Spotlight
Spotlight

You are welcome! Glad to help!

In another thread, a Cisco employee posted this message:

This is new bug and it fixed at IOS  42.2.1 WebEx meet app version today, you can upgrade to this version and try again

Please try updating the Webex Meetings mobile app on the iPad and check, if the issue still persists.

Best regards,

Igor

gogoshoot
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you so much.  I had a confirmed problem on at least a phone using 15.1 and an iPad using 15.3.1, and both using Webex Meet v42.2.0.  Upgrading the phone to 15.3.1 now and to experiment, which the other user indicates should work but the iPad is still a no-go.  Thanks for directing me to that answer, as it confirms we're not doing anything wrong and will hope for an update to fix down the line and warn others in the meantime. 

Igor Lukic
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @gogoshoot,

what iOS version are you and your users using?

There several reports about this issue and all have in common that iOS version 15.3.1 seems to be affected.

Please look at this thread, as this user has done extensive testing:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/webex-meetings-and-webex-app/not-viewing-share-screen-or-video-participants-on-ipad-ios-15-3/m-p/4552824#M7810

Best regards,

Igor