Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex 44.7 MacOs No Audio on Studio Display

RobAC66
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

today my Webex client updated to Version 44.7. 

Now, I can hear the ring tone, but not the audio of the person who called me. Other audio devices work as expected. 

System: MacMini M2, Sonoma 14.5, Apple StudioDisplay with Firmware 17.0. 

I tried rebooting Mac and Studio Display, then did a complete uninstall of the Webex app including deletion of the folders in my private Library folder. No success.

Any hints are welcome.

TIA, Robert

P.S.: can I download the former version of the app anywhere?

1 Accepted Solution

sreyesmo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

an update on this subject,

The bug trackingID for this issue has been created as per below details:

====================================================

No audio output when Apple Studio Display Speakers is selected
CSCwk81465  
Symptom: Webex App is detecting his Apple Studio Display as a Speaker but there the sound test fails as there is no sound coming out of the Studio Display. The Studio Display speakers are otherwise working fine with every other applications requiring audio output

Conditions: interoperability with Studio Display (Apple)

Workaround: Select a different audio output device

Further Problem Description: Issue does not present on version 44.6 

This information will be publicly available within the next 24 hours via link below:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwk81465

In addition, The fix has been merged in 44.7.0.30263 which will be deploying on the next 48 hours and the update will be available automatically.

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Martin Sloan
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem + MacOS volume controls (including mute) do not work with the Webex app.  I need to open the Webex audio controls to manage the Webex volume separately.

BradsPeters
Level 1
Level 1

44.6 has fixed it for myself.....guess this is now 7 days later? Am I missing the update? ticket says fixed but check updates says 44.7 is latest?

guess this is now 7 days later? Am I missing the update?

sreyesmo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

an update on this subject,

The bug trackingID for this issue has been created as per below details:

====================================================

No audio output when Apple Studio Display Speakers is selected
CSCwk81465  
Symptom: Webex App is detecting his Apple Studio Display as a Speaker but there the sound test fails as there is no sound coming out of the Studio Display. The Studio Display speakers are otherwise working fine with every other applications requiring audio output

Conditions: interoperability with Studio Display (Apple)

Workaround: Select a different audio output device

Further Problem Description: Issue does not present on version 44.6 

This information will be publicly available within the next 24 hours via link below:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwk81465

In addition, The fix has been merged in 44.7.0.30263 which will be deploying on the next 48 hours and the update will be available automatically.

The update took a little bit longer to appear and it’s now version 44.7.0.30285.

It seems that the issues with the Studio Display are solved!

Thanks to the team for fixing them within one week.

Kind regards, Robert

pdevries
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi - is there an ETA on resolution?  I can't seem to download the 44.6 version - I keep getting a newer version.  Thank you very much for your help!

rheerun
Level 1
Level 1

For others having this issue --- the best workaround for now is to go back to version 44.6 as mentioned above.  It definitely broke in 44.7 so you'll have to use a prior version until a fix is rolled out

zraymer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am experiencing the same issue. Webex is not outputting audio to my studio display, but its does ring and people can hear me. So I have been routing the call audio to my macbook but using camera and mic from Studio Display. When this problem arose a few weeks ago, uninstalling and reinstalling webex worked for me but now that does not work.

sreyesmo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Robert, 

the previous versions can be downloaded from Control hub administration > organization settings as below:

sreyesmo_0-1721247896277.png

sreyesmo_1-1721247966778.png

I am also placing the links for 44.6 version for macOS, please give it a try and let me know the results.

https://binaries.webex.com/WebexTeamsDesktop-macos_arm-Gold/20240617201758/Webex.dmg

https://binaries.webex.com/WebexTeamsDesktop-MACOS-7z-Gold/20240617200633/Webex.dmg

The prior version 44.6 ARM version worked for me!  How do I prevent it from Auto Updating??

the organization admin can delay the auto upgrade for up to 4 weeks for users registered under the organization, find the article below as reference

https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/wlgw73/Webex-App-desktop-update-controls#Cisco_Reference.dita_88bfac24-f00d-456c-a10b-bd2761e787ba

Hi. Has this issue been brought up to the development team? If so, is there any ETA for a hot fix? Thanks.

yes, this is already being tracked and team is working on the fix. I am working on getting the bug published so our customers can check the status. 

Thank you!

Dear sreyesmo,

thank you very much for the fast help. The 44.6 version works as it should. 

I won't mark your answer as a solution, because it doesn't fix the problem of the recent version. But it is a great workaround! 

thanks for confirming, better to give you some relief than having the thread as answered, so no hurry.

I am already in touch as well with engineering to understand the fix plan. once i have a public bug tracking ID, I will provide here

lphakamai
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue here.

rheerun
Level 1
Level 1

I am also having this problem as well.  People can hear me fine with my Studio Display Mic.  But I can't get any audio to work on my Studio Display any longer.  The test chime in settings does not work either

brian19
Level 1
Level 1

Any luck? I am also having this issue.