cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex app can't detect any audio device in the remote desktop env

andrey123
Level 1
Level 1

I've installed the latest Webex app (42.3.0.21576, 64bit) on Windows Server 2019 (datacenter).

When connecting to the Windows Server 2019 through the MS remote desktop client (mstsc.exe) and opening the Webex app, I got the following error in the settings window:

111.png

When using Zoom and RingCentral in the same environment, I can't see this issue.

Zoom and RingCentral work fine in the same environment.

Please help me.

2 Accepted Solutions

42.4 fixed the RDP issue for me as well. Asking TAC now to see if there will be an emergency patch to 42.3.

View solution in original post

emarceau
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for the delay everyone, fileshare sites are blocked at my employer.  I had to jump through hoops to get this out here. the link is below.

https://www.sendgb.com/upload/?utm_source=E1wDYIJyQ7s

View solution in original post

24 Replies 24

eko1234
Level 1
Level 1

Could someone please provide the beta Version with the fix? Same problem here with cisco vpn and msdtc. Version 422 is working but always gets updated and i where not able to find settings to deactivate automated update functionality.

It's in one of my earlier replies. Here it is again;  https://www.sendgb.com/upload/?utm_source=E1wDYIJyQ7s

The link is not working. After opening the page shows - "Files not found maybe it have been destroyed".

My apologies, I forgot how long ago I uploaded it.  Here is a new link that is good for 7days;

https://sendgb.com/bBfYAmvERVL

thanks

emarceau
Level 1
Level 1

**EDIT**  It was a one off issue, it's working now from the PC.

Just an FYI to all.  We have users that work remote and connect to their desktop PC via RDP (over a VPN).  This version works over RDP but, to our dismay, does not work when you are local to the PC.  I just tried to join a WebEx meeting when logged in locally to my PC and I have no Mic.  If I RDP to my PC everything works.  

I hope Cisco fixes this soon. 

emarceau
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for the delay everyone, fileshare sites are blocked at my employer.  I had to jump through hoops to get this out here. the link is below.

https://www.sendgb.com/upload/?utm_source=E1wDYIJyQ7s

emarceau
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco has advised that they are aware of this issue, and that it matches a bug description. They have a beta client that fixes this.  

V. 42.4.0.21630  Has been tested in our environment and it resolved the issue. 
I do not know how soon WebEx will push it out via automatic update or if it's available via download.  

@emarceau where can I download V. 42.4.0.21630?

Could you share it?

It's still a Beta so it's not available unless you open a TAC for the issue.  I'd upload it here if I could.

@emarceau Yes, please upload it here.

The maximum attachment size in the forum is 70MB.  The installer is 266MB.  Even Compressed it's too large to upload.

@emarceau Could you upload it to the cloud storage such as sendgb.com?

Looking for V. 42.4.0.21630 also. I any of greet members have it please share  I have all of the clients for 2021.

Rob       

Safra National Bank

TAC is providing the 42.4 version to me now. I will not be able to upload the file here but if all goes well, you can request it from your TAC case.

42.4 fixed the RDP issue for me as well. Asking TAC now to see if there will be an emergency patch to 42.3.

Where can I download 42.4.?

I'm currently in process of requesting version 42.4.0.21630 and testing in my environment to see if it fixes the issue as well.

dsanders
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing the same issue here. I've had a TAC Case open since 3/4/22 and they have kept coming back saying that our environment isn't supported and in order to be supported, we need to use their VDI guide. We aren't using VDI though; It's a simple RDP session. I have escalated this case to TAC Management via our Cisco AM Channels. Hopefully there is an emergency patch that comes out quickly as this is a major resource for our remote employees to make and receive phone calls.