cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Assistant turns itself back on

Alan Rothenberg
Level 1
Level 1

I've been using WebEx a few times a week for the last year with no issues, but today the WebEx Assistant appeared for the first time. I (as meeting host) turned it off, but everytime someone connected to the meeting the Assistant turned itself on and announced itself, and then I'd have to shut it off.

Is there a way to turn it off and make it stay off?

3 Replies 3

Poking around in settings, I have found a checkbox that promises to disable Webex Assistant, as below. turn-off-webex-assistant.png

[EDIT: I think I have found the setting to turn off Webex Assistant globally. see my other comment below]

I do hope this will be fixed soon. It's incredibly annoying. It's as if Webex has resurrected "Microsoft Clippy". The Assistant's features might be very valuable in the right context for the right customers. But if it activates itself without request and interrupts with a loud message (as it does now), it's nothing but a nuisance. 

Frank Reed
Clockwork Mapping / ReedNavigation.com
Conanicut Island USA

Thanks for your reply and confirming that this is probably a bug.  I changed the "automatically turn on" setting - we'll see if that helps.

About "Clippy" - at least Microsoft realized how annoying it was. I remember when they were about to release a new version of Word (or maybe Windows), around 1997, they had a series of animated cartoons on the website with Clippy lamenting that he was about to be out of a job.  And Clippy was voiced by Gilbert Gottfried, who has the most annoying voice in the world.  Totally spot on casting.