Helpful
Replies

Webex calls notifications behavior

RPistarino
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

A colleague show me an "odd" behavior on her webex app:

She receive no notification on incoming calls (not audio nor popup), nor when she's invited on an ongoing call as guest.

BUT, on incoming phone calls (when she's dialed using the internal phone service number) everything works just fine.

She was directed to reset database, config, reinstall the app, nothing worked so far.

At web client, everything works well.

At config, it's all by default (nothing silenced, etc.).

What else could be checked?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Hi! , did you check the time configuration on that Windows PC?

We have some user as well with that behaviour , it seems like Webex sees the Webex calls as a meeting. So when you have for example 5 minutes late in the clock settings, Webex thinks you are late for that meeting/call so no notification/sound will be displayed.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

fgeraldo
Level 1
Level 1

I confirmed the problem with the notification was because the time on users computers was ahead in time. Updated the time on windows settings, made the test call and the notification poped up on the right corner.

BenMyslenski_0-1676468093163.png

You can check this in the app. Also check what licenses she has applied and her incoming and outgoing call permissions. You could also open a ticket with Cisco on this. Sometimes its just a back end issue with a single users app.

fgeraldo
Level 1
Level 1

I just had this problem on webex, 3 users complained about not receiving notification from calls, there was no popup on the right corner. I Tried to replicate the issue by changing the time on windows. With a time forward of 4 minutes the webex still shows notification, with a time forward of 5 minutes and above the webex starts not show notification and the green button shows call in progress with 5 minutes or more. I still will try this method on a few users that are having this problem, someting on windows time settings is wrong.

RPistarino
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for not mention it. This issue is happening on a Win10 computer.

Hi! , did you check the time configuration on that Windows PC?

We have some user as well with that behaviour , it seems like Webex sees the Webex calls as a meeting. So when you have for example 5 minutes late in the clock settings, Webex thinks you are late for that meeting/call so no notification/sound will be displayed.

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@RPistarino 

Which Device-Type/Operating-System are you talking about?

Since OS of mobile devices offer several options to manage/allow/supress notifications.
e.g. On my Android-Device there a 19 notification-option-switches for Webex(-Teams).
I guess, Windows10 also offers some notification-management; don´t know about MacOS.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.