cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Meeting App Flags Regular Outlook Calendar item

philhege
Level 1
Level 1

I have a calendar item in Outlook that I created myself. I did not at any time associate it with a Webex meeting or event, but I included a link to someone else's Webex personal site in the body/text of the calendar item. Nevertheless, the item shows up in the Webex meeting app with a Start button. 

Is the Webex app aware of URLs in an Outlook calendar item, and, if so, why wouldn't it decorate the entry with the "Join" button instead of the "Start" button?

1 Accepted Solution

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The webex app will parse your local calendar for a meeting URL or SIP address and if it detects a webex meeting, even a manually pasted webex PMR, it will create the entry with the green button in the app.

As far as Start vs Join, I am not 100% sure but it might have to do with you creating the entry, it expects you to start the meeting.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The webex app will parse your local calendar for a meeting URL or SIP address and if it detects a webex meeting, even a manually pasted webex PMR, it will create the entry with the green button in the app.

As far as Start vs Join, I am not 100% sure but it might have to do with you creating the entry, it expects you to start the meeting.