Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Messaging - How to NOT save chat content

We DO NOT want to save ANY messaging content for our users.  Just like in Jabber, when they exit or sign out, Jabber purges the messaging content.

We are testing the new Webex we are being forced to move to and I am finding content in there from days and weeks ago.  For confidentiality purposes, we must be able to set this to NO Chat/Messaging content to be saved or backed up - anywhere.

Please provide me with the setting location to turn off this feature globally, for all of our users.

Thank you,

Francine

2 Replies 2

I don’t think you’re forced to leave Jabber. It’s not announced as end of life yet anyway. What you can do is to keep your messaging part in Jabber as is and start using the Webex application as a substitute for the old Webex Meetings application and turn off the messaging part for all your users in Control Hub and don’t set it up with calling capabilities. That way you have the “new” app for meetings purposes purely and can keep Jabber for messaging and calling.

Response Signature

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I was told that Cisco is going to be retiring Jabber, so this is interesting and really helpful info.

If, however, our firm decides to go with one product, my question still remains. Is there a way and if so where, to globally turn off backing up and saving Webex Messaging chats?

Thank you for your reply. I do appreciate it.

Francine