Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx on iPhone with CarPlay and Notifications

mbaker33
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I do a lot of driving and rely heavily on the WebEx and Jabber apps.  Neither of these apps provides me any notifications when connected to my car via CarPlay.  I find myself often picking up the device and checking for notifications since it is so insanely unreliable.  I am just curious if this is just me, or if anyone else has similar issues.  I tried to search but didn't find anything close to what I was looking for.

Also, I have a very hard time joining meetings from WebEx on CarPlay.  Perhaps this is all a limitation of Apple (which, honestly wouldn't surprise me) and there's nothing that can be done.  

Thanks,

Mark

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I saw Jeetu present this at CLUS as well…I was all excited to try it yesterday as I needed to take a meeting from the car. Press the WebEx Meetings icon in CarPlay and what did I get?...”Who would you like to call?” I have made sure that my app is updated to the latest version. Has this not been pushed out yet?

Roska
Level 1
Level 1

Driving a 2021 Audi A3 with carplay embedded I find that the situation is excatly the same as you guys. I´ve tried to figure out íf its with the OS (user) to allow some interaction with Webex and Carplay but so far I have not been able to find a root cause. Hoping for notifications on carplay to remind me of meetings and adhoc ability to join a internal or external users personal room if needed.

edwevans
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There seems to be no real function to the Webex/Carplay integration.  It would seem to me that this should do at least two things 1) Alert you that you have a Webex meeting, and 2) Allow you to join your meetings seamlessly through the CarPlay interface (instead of fumbling around with your phone while driving).  Really useful would be 3) showing a list of your upcoming meetings. The app seems to do nothing.  When I open Webex Meetings in the CarPlay interface all I get is Siri asking "Who would you like to call?"...huh? I thought this must be some lack of configuration on my part but I have looked all through the settings in the Webex meetings app and can see nothing related to CarPlay.  Am I missing something or is Webex on CarPlay just totally useless?

Thanks,

-Ed