cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex requirements for virtual or blurred background not met - why?

steven gornig
Level 1
Level 1

Reading the requirements https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/fz1e4b/System-requirements-for-Webex-services suggests that the app verifies if it runs on a "Intel Core i3, i5, or i7 4000 series or higher". I run a Pentium Gold 6500Y processor.

Its specs are identical to a Core i3 (please verify Pentium vs. i3 ) apart from the speed (i3 is a little faster, 3.6 GHz compared to 3.9), but the GPU underneath is the same, Intel® UHD Graphics 615. So tell me, what does your check do?

The machine is a Microsoft Surface 3 Go and the virtual desktop feature is working anywhere else (MS Teams, Bluejeans, ...) but in Webex.

My demand: please edit the parameters of the check to include the pentium gold processor.

2 Replies 2

steven gornig
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jonathan,

volunteers, yes, I know. It's just that my experience with Cisco support was bad (and slow) so far. Since this is no important matter, I offloaded it here and hoped that some Cisco staff might see it although they officially don't monitor this. I wasn't willing to invest hours for this. Thanks for suggesting.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to take this up with your Cisco account team. The product managers do not monitor the forums; we’re all volunteers here.