cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex RPM Linux Client crashes on (new) Fedora 35

aanno
Level 1
Level 1

The Webex RPM Linux Client crashes on (new) Fedora 35. However, it has worked for me on Fedora 34. Hence, I think it is a dependency problem introduced with F35. Will Cisco publish an new RPM that is suited for F35? Or will there be a flatpak and/or snap package?

5 Replies 5

d_flo
Level 1
Level 1

I recently did a yum update on my Fedora 35 and afterwards webex (v 42.7.0) keeps crashing all the time.
The crashing process was 'CiscoCollabHost' and the crashing lib was part of the updated mesa-dri-drivers.rpm.

A 'yum downgrade mesa-dri-drivers-21.3.6-1.fc35.x86_64' fixed it for me.

thomngo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am currently running Webex 42.2.0.21338 and it appears to have been updated to work on Fedora 35. I hope this helps.

I also wish that Cisco would provide a flatpak for Webex. Unfortunately this won't happen without user demand, so I would advise everyone to vote for the flatpak idea if you want to communicate this. I wish I could provide some insights as to when this might be possible but I'm not from the Webex team so I don't have any visibility into their roadmap. Apologies.

Fedora is not a supported Linux Distro.

Linux Distribution support

We support the following distros:

• Ubuntu 18.04 and Ubuntu 20.04

• CentOS / RHEL 8.2 and 8.3

https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/9vstcdb/Webex-for-Linux

Response Signature

Actually it's probably wise to support Fedora at least internally. Problems you see here now, will probably bite you with the next Ubuntu release anyway.

I could understand that you are not capable of supporting every linux distribution. However, I would recommend that you provide snap(craft) and/or flatpak packages, like is has already been suggested as new idea .

Important competitors (zoom, ms teams) do just that!