cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Teams menu bar icon in macOS Big Sur is transparent

sangam
Level 1
Level 1

Webex Teams menu bar icon in macOS Big Sur is transparent.

Are you aware of this?

4 Replies 4

laedie
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As a side note I am also seeing the same issue with the Anyconnect menu bar icon.

eholtam
Level 1
Level 1

I'm seeing the same issue here with BigSur 11.2.2 and Webex 41.2.0.17979.  
I opened ticket #SR 690892180 but it hasn't gotten very far yet.  They wanted me to first try giving Full Disk Access to Webex, then uninstall and re-install.  No surprise neither of those attempts worked.

An odd behavior is that if I quit the Webex application and relaunch it, the blank menu item is absent for hours.  I cannot find an action in the UI to trigger it to appear.  Last Friday it went at least 8 hours of not appearing. I quit the app in the morning and it hadn't appeared by the end of the day.  I left everything running over the weekend and now Monday the blank menu item is back.  I wasn't on the computer over the weekend to trigger any kind of action to make it appear. It seems pretty random.

Using the Xcode Accessibility Inspector tool there is the following information when targeting the blank Menu bar item:

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 9.48.35 AM.png

When targeting just to the right of the blank space I get different information about the menu Item:

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 9.55.56 AM.png

I'll pass this on to the ticket in hopes it triggers some sort of "Ah hah!" moment.

-Eric

sangam
Level 1
Level 1

So it's been 15 days without a response. I wanted to bring this to attention of the support team so I opened a case.

However, I don't know how to pull up that case number, at least not now.

Hi sangam

any news how to solve??