cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Teams Windows: Change font size

JeroenHo
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody any idea how to change the font sizes in WebEx Teams? On big screens I'm having trouble reading the messages that I receive from my colleagues.

An while we're at it...anybody any idea why the emoticons are so incredibly small?

1 Accepted Solution

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

There is no option to change Font Size or Style in Webex Teams. Please post your suggestions at below URL:

https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

rturner
Level 1
Level 1

I updated to Version 42.9.0.23494 yesterday and this feature is now available. It was one of the few apps that I struggled with on my 4k monitors but not any more.

Hi,

Changing the font size has never been so easily with Instagram Schrift. You can change the appropriate font size on many platforms including Webex, I think so.

Well, today I accidently pressed a combination of keys, and my fonts for all my Team's spaces just got bigger. And I can't figure out which keys I pressed. 

It was in the readme notes. Accessibility Under preferences in macOS and settings I think in Windows. Only 3 settings.

This was a feature that was recently released, you likely pressed:
Mac: Command and +
Windows: Ctrl and +

2022 and still no change in this department, unfortunately Cisco doesn't seem to care about their customers.

I suppose we have to drop this application in favor of a product that does the part.

Also, huge shame that this article is marked as solved. It's not. Not even by a long shot.

It's showing up on top in Google, so there's that, but still, something to be really ashamed of Cisco, it's maybe not a 5 minute job to implement it, but it won't take more than 1 hour for a good programmer.

jlucho
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Discussed with a colleague , and in fact there is no WebEx app specific setting but can be done with your Windows settings: Ease of access > Display - Make text bigger

Not helpful at all, and, might I add, noncompliant with ADA accessibility.

Amazing that this feature is still not implemented and this thread is marked as closed. No wonder Zoom has cut into the market big time.  

No acceptable. And shame on offering the "big hammer" fix that affects everything on the desktop instead of the one application that is problematic.
All currently "usable" chat tools allow for font adjustment, in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, so that those with diminished vision or color vision issues can set fonts to a readable size, formation, and coloration. The chat functions in Webex Teams do not. Take a note from Jabber, Messenger, What's App, Signal, etc.... do it right.

Hi,
That has an impact on ALL text, not just in WebExTeams, so that is not a proper solution.
Why is it so problematic to give us the option to size the texts? Almost all other Windows applications are able to provide this option, but not WebExTeams. There must be a reason why all those other applications have that option.
Please just fix this properly and stop offering lazy solutions

laura.calley
Level 1
Level 1

The "solution" is not a solution at all.  Font size management is critical when using any size of screen, and for those with DISABILITIES.  Even in this

Cisco:  in not making font size adjustable, your Webe Teams product is not usable by those with visual challenges and noncompliant with Americans with Disabilities Act.  Such an easy fix... shame on your development and quality control teams.

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

There is no option to change Font Size or Style in Webex Teams. Please post your suggestions at below URL:

https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

I have the same problem and your reccomended solution is not helpful at all.  You have basicaly said we can't help you but suggest it here and say that I was very helpful.  How does that  help me? Shame on you for soliciting a high rating while providing no help.

@tp1834, I understand your frustration of not getting help at your expectation. I am not a Cisco Employee or part of any product development team. I am here on this support community like you to get help from others and helping others at best of my knowledge. If the feature is not supported in current version of the product there is nothing I can do or any member on this support community can do. The only option we have here is to provide suggestions to Cisco Product Development Team and help them make this product better.

The other option you have is to reach out to your Cisco Account Manager to know the roadmap of this feature.

Lastly, my rating haven't changed me how I was supporting in the past and how I am supporting it today. 

Thanks, Vaijanath S.