Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex YouTube Live Streaming - Controlling your layout

kjay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I was trialling streaming a Webex Meeting on youtube for our local community.  The youtube stream was ok, however, the entire screen was not filled with video being shared.  At the bottom, were thumbnails of the participants and there is dead area on eithe sides of the video.  I see no option to control how the stream should be displayed on youtube - is there a way we can set this?  I want to have the entire screen filled with video, do not need participants list on youtube.  Please see attached screen shot.

Thank you,

Jay.

5 Replies 5

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Normally use OBS, but often they are resource hungry. Good thing about the webex direct stream was you dont need another machine/run OBS and is less resource hungry. 

Not really a work around but an alternative of using the Webex built in function. 

The links are great, but quite complicated for someone who is not tech savvy.  We're utilising this for a community that is run by volunteers - even getting them acquainted with Webex is complicated enough.  

In webex, you already capture the view, active speaker view, grid view etc - no reason why the same view cannot be replicated in the stream.

Thanks,

Jay.

GetEchoes
Level 1
Level 1

Streaming works really well, but would be good to control what the stream looks like for the broadcast.

Check out this blog for details on that

https://medium.com/@joshreola/live-stream-grid-view-virtual-backgrounds-overlays-to-youtube-facebook-and-linkedin-with-webex-88a27b7752d8 and workarounds for changing views on the streaming side of things