cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

why participant can’t choose spoken language in meeting

George Xiao
Level 1
Level 1

I want to use webex for meetings with my foreign clients, 1v1 and use webex real-time translation of subtitles. For example: I speak Chinese, subtitles show English; Customers speak English, subtitles in Chinese. So we can communicate. As a host, my account already has real-time translation license, but Participants could not choose the spoken language. What else do I need to do to achieve my desired goal? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The current implementation of Real-Time Transcription does not perform automatic language detection of what is being spoken; the host must set that part. This effectively limits the feature to lecture-style meetings/webinars where a presenter is speaking in one language and the audience may prefer subtitles in other languages. It doesn’t work for meetings where multiple languages are being spoken in quick succession. Discuss this shortcoming with your Cisco account team - especially since you’re paying extra for this feature - and/or submit/vote on an enhancement request.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The current implementation of Real-Time Transcription does not perform automatic language detection of what is being spoken; the host must set that part. This effectively limits the feature to lecture-style meetings/webinars where a presenter is speaking in one language and the audience may prefer subtitles in other languages. It doesn’t work for meetings where multiple languages are being spoken in quick succession. Discuss this shortcoming with your Cisco account team - especially since you’re paying extra for this feature - and/or submit/vote on an enhancement request.

Get it, thank you Jonathan