Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help! Shared Content

I created a WebEx Training session and shared a PowerPoint file, however none of my participants could see it.  What is going on? Please help, we are running many sessions over the next couple of weeks...I'm pulling my hair out!

1 Accepted Solution

Hi LewisLikens.

The problem is not sharing the screen, but loading the PowerPoint file in WebEx Training - it loaded fine, just nobody could see it!  For example, I have a PowerPoint that I load and use the 'Advance pages automatically' which I have instructions about how to use the panels and icons while we are waiting for other attendees to join.  I think the problem is that we can't start a WebEx Training session from the Cisco WebEx Meetings desktop app.  We found that if you start the training from within the browser, we had no problems!

Thank you for taking the time to reply :)

Cheers

Trish

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

LewisLikens
Level 1
Level 1

Patricia, I've had this problem but didn't have any hair to pull out lol!  When participants can't see my deck it is sometimes because I'm not sharing the correct desktop or monitor.  I use two monitors and will have my deck on Monitor #2.  When I select share content I have to make sure I select the correct monitor.  Plus, you have to ensure your slides are on top of any other things you have open on the monitor.  I'll sometimes use Alt+tab to go through my open windows and make sure I have the correct thing open.

Hi LewisLikens.

The problem is not sharing the screen, but loading the PowerPoint file in WebEx Training - it loaded fine, just nobody could see it!  For example, I have a PowerPoint that I load and use the 'Advance pages automatically' which I have instructions about how to use the panels and icons while we are waiting for other attendees to join.  I think the problem is that we can't start a WebEx Training session from the Cisco WebEx Meetings desktop app.  We found that if you start the training from within the browser, we had no problems!

Thank you for taking the time to reply :)

Cheers

Trish

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure you are first "Sharing"  First you need to go to the "Share" menu in the top left menu bar. One option is to share your desktop or application to show the PPT.  Another option is to Share > File and load the PPT in the Webex window.  You'll see a back and forward button at the top of the window to navigate.  

https://help.webex.com/en-us/ngpfivv/Share-Content-in-Cisco-Webex-Training 

Response Signature

Hi Clared,

I have used WebEx Training on many occasions and have never had the problem I am experiencing.  We recently were given access to the Cisco WebEx Meetings desktop app.  I think the problem stems from the fact that if you Start your WebEx Training session from the desktop app, for some reason, when you use the Share>File (in my case loading a PowerPoint)...no-one can see it.  We have since changed to Starting the WebEx Training session from the Browser and that seems to have rectified the problem.   

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.