Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With the recent release of the noise removal feature in Webex, we want to hear how YOU are using it! 

In less than 50 words, respond to this post sharing how the noise removal feature is helping you stay focused or saving you from any embarrassing moments. By responding to this post, you will be entered into a giveaway for a FREE Cisco 730 headset! This post will stay active for the entire month of March. We will randomly select a winner and reach out to them directly in the first week of April. 

As a part of Webex's mission to make the meeting experience 10x better, the noise removal feature filters out any distracting noises with the click of a button. Using our advanced audio processing technology, your focus in a meeting won't be compromised by the harsh sound of garbage trucks, whistling air conditioners, or even your neighbor's blaring music. There are numerous occasions this feature can work for YOU.

WebexMeetings_RemoveBackgroundNoise.gif

If you haven't had the chance to use the noise removal feature, check out these links to help get you started and download the Quick Start Guide attached

Respond to this post and share how you are using the noise removal feature! Your response will enter you into a giveaway for a FREE Cisco 730 Headset! 

431 Comments
adamearn
Level 1
Level 1

Well, I'm not actually using it yet - but wow, after sitting in today's demo, I'm going to start. I'm lucky in that most of the spaces I work in are relatively quiet (college professor). When I'm home, this will be useful for muting our whiny pups. But in terms of enhancement, I can see this being particularly useful in classroom settings where students are at a distance from audio capture devices.

Ryan Coverdale
Level 1
Level 1

I make cappuccinos at my house all the time. I was on a call the other day, and I hit the mute button on my headset, but accidentally got it wrong, and un-muted. I realized my mistake after I grinded the beans, pulled the espresso shots and steamed the milk - SO LOUD. I asked the folks on the call - and they ONLY heard the tapping of the frothy milk pitcher before I poured the cappuccino! They didn't hear the grinding, pumping, and steaming at all  MMM Loud CappuccinoMMM Loud Cappuccino

gsree
Level 1
Level 1

I previously received complaints from my team mates about a random unplesant hissing noise originating from my LapTop during meetings. I traced its origin to the overhead air vent in my office. Now that I enabled the 'noise removal' feature after learning about it, its crystal clear. I am committed to communicating about this feature to all my co-workers. No more white noise.. barking dogs...or trucks passing by!!

TimNorton
Level 1
Level 1

This feature is great for removing the background noise of working from home.  The kids and dogs can be distracting.

laurbarn@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It was difficult trying to block out dogs barking and children between trying to time it right to speak in meetings. Now sharing an office space with 4 children doing online school, its great to have background noise of them in meetings not heard while I'm handling mine. 

kbartell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a lot customers that would be very interested in getting this feature implemented. As well as implementing for staff internally. With the roadmap for a WFH solution, looking to be more permanent in the workforce, this is a a great feature for Cisco to be highlighting. Thanks CIsco!

Chris Denny
Level 5
Level 5

This feature has been a life saver!  My wife and I have 2 kids and all 4 of us have been home through most of this pandemic.  We recently started potty training our youngest kid and the noise reduction feature has saved me from several embarrassing moments related to this endeavor.

Working from home, beeing father of 7 angry kids. How do you imagine my webex meetings? simply put, I can barely listen to my collegues and meeting administrator often mute my microphone, so they can freely speak to each other. Ancient romans used to say "mala tempora currunt..." which is "we live in difficult times".

michael.oravetz
Level 1
Level 1

Currently using a middle of the road Jabra setup. Hope to try the 730 soon!!!

Nikhil Bhardwaj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The noise cancellation feature on WebEx is the best thing that ever happened for virtual meetings. My wife and I work from the same office and we also have a 1-year-old. This feature helps me focus on my meetings because I do not have to worry about any background noise for my audience.

DON PETERSON
Level 1
Level 1

working from home and the kids being home for remote schooling, good noise reduction is mandatory.  Between a goods headset and the noise reduction feature is webex no one can head a peep outside of my voice.  Now my co workers don't have to listen to the kids fighting in the background and asking for a snack every two minutes.  Ha Ha

Alf_S_L
Level 1
Level 1

Noise removal is a key differentiator to me while working at home since don't have the option of an isolated office space.  Having not only to cope with the occasional normal household activies noises (vacuum cleaner, doors, etc.), but also with the fact that all my sons are on remote classrooms mode.  So there at times during the day when one in next room is atttending school class and other two ones attending remote university classes too.  Even while in different rooms sounds do filter into mine and you don't want all that background noise to be heard during conference calls with your office peers!

Oh, and forgot to add helicopters flying around from time to time since I'm somewhat close to an air force base.

EpikJay
Level 1
Level 1

This feature is a bit of a lifesaver with the "New Normal". Cisco does a great job of building bridges, and at the onset of the pandemic, Cisco built one right into my studio apartment shared by wife, dog, and I. Needless to say with an energetic dog and a partner who shares my office space the noise-canceling feature is a lifesaver that allows me to concentrate on my meeting and drown out the rest. Thanks, Cisco for changing the game with that Noise Canceling update, now my fortune 500 clients don't need to be privy to my little controlled chaos of a home office.  

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

This is an incredible feature, this will help me, my teammates, customers at our all meetings. But negative side is that nobody will hear my dog again lol.

mrcaurelio2012
Level 1
Level 1

It's fantastic! Here in Sao Paulo, despite the noise from the street, car, ambulance, children, wife, metro ..... at the meetings it really seems that we are in lockdown (only not).

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.