cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

host role - unmuting an attendees during Q&A session (Events classic)

Kerstin.Blank
Level 1
Level 1

Is the host of a large event the only person who can unmute attendees so that they can ask a question? I find it rather challenging to manage both the discussion and at the same time find the attendee that I need to unmute and then mute again.

Is there a way to share the host role and/or to allow any selected other participant(s) to assist with finding and unmuting attendees during the Q&A session?

3 Replies 3

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello!  In Classic Events there is no way to have more than one host (or another role) manage the event audio.  One option is to pass that Host role to another by right-clicking on their name as a panelist and changing their role to host.  But that of course gives them a bit more power.  

This is resolved with the new version of Events that you can schedule in your "modern view" of your Webex site.  In this new version of Events, there is the Cohost role where you can share responsibilities. 

Here is a link that reviews "new" Events:  https://help.webex.com/en-us/n3rosq0/Get-Started-with-Webex-Events-New 

Response Signature

Dear Clare,

thanks for the quick reply. Along these lines, is there any possibility to transfer an already scheduled program with multiple events and more than 100 registrations per event to the "modern view" version? Or would we have to reschedule the entire program?

Thanks!

Kerstin

At this time, you have to reschedule the entire program.  Be sure to test all functionality that you normally use in Webex Events Classic prior to committing to the switch.  There are still a few functions not present in the NEW Events (Sharing slide during practice mode is one I can think of, but that is on the roadmap I'm told).  Just wise to run through all your normal use cases...

Response Signature