cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex event settings

gksoh
Level 1
Level 1

I would like find out how am I able to limit the attendees to only join a Webex event on the schedule time.

Tried toggling this function: "Attendees can ** minutes before the scheduled start time", however no matter how I set it up, the attendees can join events starts as long as I started the event, even prior to the scheduled time. Sometimes I had to start the session earlier for my own set up and trial to ensure everything works smoothly, but attendees could already join the session and view my activity.

Looking forward to see if there are any solutions to this or anyone has encountered the same.

1 Accepted Solution

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am glad you bring up the feature "Allow attendees to join xx before the event starts" 

The design of this feature is to allow attendees join access if the Host has not started the event.  It does not set the actual time that attendees are let in.  If the host starts an event - attendees can then join.  

With that said, there has been some great suggestions in this string.  

One is to start a Practice Session that pulls in all Panelists so any of the prep talk or prep sharing is not seen by attendees joining the event. https://help.webex.com/en-us/npxgiei/Conduct-a-Practice-Session-in-Cisco-Webex-Events 

Another option once your Panelists join is to lock the event (under the "Event" drop down menu) but don't forget to unlock it!  

Practice Sessions are the way to go and if you want your attendees to see something in the large content viewer while you are in your Practice Session, share a file with some text / Images.  Before starting your Practice Session go to Share > File > find the file and double click.  To take it another notch, go to View > Automatically Advance and have that presentation circulate while viewers wait to get started.  

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am glad you bring up the feature "Allow attendees to join xx before the event starts" 

The design of this feature is to allow attendees join access if the Host has not started the event.  It does not set the actual time that attendees are let in.  If the host starts an event - attendees can then join.  

With that said, there has been some great suggestions in this string.  

One is to start a Practice Session that pulls in all Panelists so any of the prep talk or prep sharing is not seen by attendees joining the event. https://help.webex.com/en-us/npxgiei/Conduct-a-Practice-Session-in-Cisco-Webex-Events 

Another option once your Panelists join is to lock the event (under the "Event" drop down menu) but don't forget to unlock it!  

Practice Sessions are the way to go and if you want your attendees to see something in the large content viewer while you are in your Practice Session, share a file with some text / Images.  Before starting your Practice Session go to Share > File > find the file and double click.  To take it another notch, go to View > Automatically Advance and have that presentation circulate while viewers wait to get started.  

Response Signature

rikardkrvaric
Spotlight
Spotlight

This works fine for me...

I set the start time for 2:00PM.

Attendees can join 15 minutes before.

Then I start the event at 1:00PM to do my setup and testing with some presenters, etc...

At 1:45PM attendees are able to enter.

Are you setting your start time of your meeting to include your setup time, perhaps?

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi
Some options
Try to start the event 30 mins before and allow attendees only to join 15 mins before. If some people do happen to join early you could kindly ask them to leave via chat or audio.
The other option is to use Start practice mode, that way you can test and set up things without the audience seeing or hearing about what you are doing. However you may need to come out of Practice mode to check if your sharing slides is working to an attendee. https://help.webex.com/en-us/npxgiei/Conduct-a-Practice-Session-in-Cisco-Webex-Events
But these are some things to try. Unfortunately once the audience is in and you come out of practice mode they can see what you are doing.
Thanks
ashish

Response Signature

We use the practice room mentioned by Ashish so that we can prep without attendees seeing or hearing us. I also log in a second time as an attendee so I can see any chats and make sure the Welcome slide is showing correctly. It eliminates the need to leave the practice room before the start time.