cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-LAP1262N-E-K9 can not connect with windows 10 and HP laptops

rzo
Level 1
Level 1

We have had an update on our Windows 10 laptops causing the connection with accespoints AIR-LAP1262N-E-K9 to go down.

When people are working on other spots they have no WIFI problems. Is there something I should change in the WLC or Accesspoint for windows 10 to work correctly?

8 Replies 8

Can you do a print out of the wlan? 

> show config wlan <id>

Dear Thomas,

Can I do that with a program like putty, or telnet on de WLC controller?

regards

Ruud

Is this what you mean?

regards Ruud

Yes, that's the information. 

Check your radius server logs. You may be running into an issue with the certificate and the Win 10 supplicant rejecting it. 

Agreed, 90% is the TLS issue.

I do have an error in event viewer

Certificate for local system with Thumbprint 1c 4f ff c5 ac e8 90 53 58 44 f2 c8 71 58 66 fe 2f 5f 63 1f is about to expire or already expired.

But my certificate is still valid untill 5/10/2017

the thumbprint was not the certificate we use for authentication. It was een old certificate so i removed it. There are no errors in event viewer.

To prove a point, try to uncheck 'Validate server certificate' on the Protected EAP Properties in the Wireless Profile on the Windows 10 machine. You do not want to leave this off, but will identify the certificate as failing for the supplicant.

If this work and the machine authenticates then you will need review your certificate chain. The windows 10 supplicant requires and certificate chain. You will also be asked to confirm the acceptance of the certificate. If you are not being offered that then it again points to a certificate issue.

Can you look at your radius server for the authentication log? You will want to look at the details and it will show if the client is rejecting the TLS.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card