Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC ios bug format flash

Muhammadhumail
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, 
I have upgrade my wlc to 7.6.120 to 8.0.110 but after upgrade my WLC flash has been format, when i tried to upload ios its hanging in Launching...

Launching images... 

i dont have service contact number is there a way that i could get RTOS file with 25 ap i can give serial number of WLC

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If Cisco would post the RTOS image and process, it would make thing easier, but TAC is the one who can publish that currently. Maybe someone here has had to perform that and does have the RTOS for the 2504 and instructions, but that would have to taken off line as Cisco would probably frown if someone did post that:(

Hopefully someone can help you on it.  I haven't ever ran into that issue or else I would help you out.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

i know this is new because every post about config wlc after flash format lead me to rtos but i dont have service contract number, since cisco take serial number when licensing the wlc, i just want is their a way that cisco provide me the rtos after verified my serial number because it is affecting our client business

Give them a call to open up a TAC case.  That is your best bet. Heck if you have another client that has a 2504 and a support contract, open it up on their serial number. There are some Cisco engineers who monitor this forum, but not all the time.  If this is indeed and emergency, then call TAC and if they can't help, your going to have to tell them to purchase a support contract.  I really don't know what else you can do to be honest.  If you know a Cisco SE, you might also reach out to him/her.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

thnx for all your swift response, i talked to tac support currently my device is order by other partner so i have to asked to give me permission for this device

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card