cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I am not able to register a new ap in WLC

Sunil Patil
Level 1
Level 1

The issue is i am not able to add new APs on WLC. Currently, there are 48 APs registered. But it does not allow 49th AP.

i tried a new ap to configure and add in the network but it is not registring but when i remove any other ap from the network the newer which i was trying it will registerd.

So please help me regarding this issue

5 Replies 5

dmantill
Level 4
Level 4

I tried to make a new ap-manager interface it is not working

i also tried to enable LAG it will show following message.
Enabling LAG will map your current interface settings to LAG interface. All dynamic AP manager interfaces and untagged interfaces will be deleted. All WLANs will be disabled and mapped to Mgmt interface.!!! You MUST reboot the system after updating the LAG config. After Applying the LAG config, yo u would still need to reboot the system and reconfigure LAG to revert back !!! Please press ok to continue.

Right now i have configured 2 interface one is managment and other is ap manager interface where is managment interface ip is .2 and ap manager ip is .3
and all my 48 aps are using controller ip is .3 so when i am enabling LAG the upper statment is saying it will deleted my all interfaces and mapped to managment interface so in this senario my all aps lost the connection.
so can you please tell me will i go through or any other option is there for register ap to WlC
because it is not going beyond the limit of 48.

As mentioned, either settingmultiple ap-manager interfaces, or LAG.

LAG is the recommended one..

al the DYNAMIC interfaces used as untagged are the ones that are going to be deleted... management and ap-manager are static interfaces, you cannot delete those.. yes, APs will loose connectivity to the WLC but it igoing to be for some seconds.. but definitively you must do it in order to handle more APs..

Thanks for your reply

I had done with LAG

i enable LAG and its working fine i joined 2 more access ping its working fine now its 50 ap earliyer its 48 ap

thanks for ur support......

no, just the DYNaMIC interfacesare the ones that will be deleted..

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card