Views
Helpful
Replies

question about 4402 WLC configuration transfer

robert.huang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking to replace a AIR-WLC4402-25-K9 which is running on code 4.2.61.0 with a AIR-WLC4402-50-K9 running on 7.0.116.0. Can I just backup the configuration from AIR-WLC4402-25-K9 and restore it on AIR-WLC4402-50-K9? If not, what is the best way to configure the AIR-WLC4402-50-K9? Do I have to configure it from scratch?

Thank you for any input.

Robert

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Nope!! many new features are different in the code!! the best way is to upgrade the 4.2 WLC to atleast 5.2 and above.. coz the config backup format is completely different in both of them..

Lemme know if this answered ur question and please dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

hkumarsh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Robert,

first upgrade your old wlc to 5.2 and then 7.0.116.0 coz there are some changes in lagecy features in 7.0. if do not do so, you may see xml errors. Now upload the config to TFTP server then download it on new WLC.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Nope!! many new features are different in the code!! the best way is to upgrade the 4.2 WLC to atleast 5.2 and above.. coz the config backup format is completely different in both of them..

Lemme know if this answered ur question and please dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

hkumarsh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Robert,

first upgrade your old wlc to 5.2 and then 7.0.116.0 coz there are some changes in lagecy features in 7.0. if do not do so, you may see xml errors. Now upload the config to TFTP server then download it on new WLC.

Thanks

Thanks Hemant for this useful Tip. 5+

Regards,

Vinay

Thanks & Regards
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card