Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Report for "not registered" mesh AP's

We are using Prime Infrastucture to manage a very large mesh network of 1522's and 1552's on WiSM controllers. Is there a way to run a report that will show me just the "not registered" AP's so I can go troubleshoot them?

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't know about a report but on the WLC you have under the Monitor tab and AP join status. But it's best to clear that when you have all AP's up as it will keep ap info for any ap that has joined.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Thomas,

As per your query i can suggest you to do the following checks-

• Can the AP and the WLC communicate?
  • Make sure the AP is getting an address from DHCP (check the DHCP server leases for the AP’s MAC address).
  • Try pinging the AP from the controller.
  • Check if the STP configuration on the switch is done right so that packets to the VLANs are not blocked.
  • If pings are successful, ensure the AP has at least one method by which to discovery at least a single WLC Console or telnet/ssh into the controller to run debugs.
  • Each time the AP reboots, it initiates the WLC discovery sequence and tries to locate the AP. Reboot the AP and check if it joins the WLC.

For more information please refer to the link-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a00808f8599.shtml

Hope this will help you.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card