cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Cisco announces new innovations in SD-WAN, ISRs, SD-WAN Services, and Catalyst 9000 Series switches

Cisco Wireless Mobile App

Views
Helpful
Comments

What is the Cisco Wireless Mobile App - what can it do, what WLCs can it manage, what mobile OS does it run on?

• Monitors WLCs running 8.1 or above, via the RF Dashboard (RF Summary feature requires 8.1 MR1)
  • Can do Day 0 provisioning (WLC 2504 only)
  • Runs on Android 4.4 and above, Apple iOS 7.1 and above
Comments
Beginner

Hello Aaron,

Does this mobile application work at all with 8.0 MR2 (8.0.120)?

Thanks in advance

Mitch

Cisco Employee

No, it requires 8.1.

Beginner

Ok Thanks for the quick response Aaron as always!

Cisco Employee

Links for the Google & Apple store for downloading the Cisco Wireless Mobile App:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cisco.dashboard.view

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cisco-wireless/id1005756119?ls=1&mt=8

Cisco Employee

For those who could not access google service, do we provide CCO download link?

Hi, does this app work with IOS based controllers such as the WLC 5760 ? Thanks.

Cisco Employee

No. This app only works with AireOS controllers today. 

Future consideration to add suport for IOS based controllers.

Cisco Employee

We have posted an update to this app. We have added some tools on the monitoring side as well as added the Provisioning wizard support on the Mobility Express product.

The updated app was tested against the following hw/sw combination:

Android
Smart Phone
    •    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Kitkat 4.4 & Lollypop version)
    •    Nexus 5 (android 5.1.1, android 6)
    •    Motorola Moto E (android 5.0.2)
    •    Motorola Moto G 2nd gen (Android 5.0.2)
Tablet
    •    Samsung Tab4 - 10" (Kitkat 4.4 & Lollypop version)
    •    Samsung Tablet 7"
    •    Nexus 7 (android 5.1.1)
    •    Samsung Galaxy Note  8.0 (GT-N5110) (android 4.1.2)

iOS
Smart Phone
    •    iPhone5 (OS version 9)
    •    iPhone 6 Plus (OS version 8)
    •    iPhone 6 (iOS 9.0.2)
    •    iPhone 5c
Tablet
    •    iPad Air 64bit (OS version 8)
    •    iPad Mini (OS version 8)

As always, please let us know any feedback or issues you run into. Enjoy !

Cisco Employee

Hi.  Does the wireless mobile app work with the virtual controller?  I just upgraded to 8.1.131 in order to give the app a try.  I specify the IP address and the login credentials and tell the app to "Add" the controller.  It alerts me to a certificate issue, but I select the option to continue anyway.  Then I get an alert saying "Error in connection. Please try again later."  Of course, later it doesn't work either.  :-)

So I'm stuck. Any suggestions would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Cisco Employee

Hi, I m so sorry to hear about your experience with the App. To help us debug the issue further, would you mind sharing the exact model of you phone / app version / WLC model. This information will help us get to the bottom of the issue. 

If you are using Android, please make sure the android version is above 4.4 and above. We have had compatibility issues in the past because of this. 

Thanks for your patience and look forward to hearing from you.

Cisco Employee

Well, the WLC is virtual, so it's a VM running on ESXi 5.5.  The phone is an iPhone 6+, and it's running iOS 9.1.  The Cisco Wireless app is version 1.0.145.

What do you think?

Cisco Employee

Bump...

Cisco Employee

Kevin - This was tested and should work. We are trying to repro the issue to see whats happening. I am looping you in on the discussion

Cisco Employee

I found the problem.  I had turned off "Mgmt via wireless" under the "Management" section of the controller.  Once I toggled that on, the iPhone app started working.  Thanks!!!

Cisco Employee

What considerations do we need to be aware of when managing a Mobility Express system, as it uses self-signed certificates? Will we get an error, or an accept-certificate message before proceeding?

Thanks,

Brian

CreatePlease to create content
Blog-New Labels