Views
Helpful
Replies

Client count for AP

jpo1976
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I dont know much about wireless technology, so I hope someone can help/guide me in the right direction here.

My company wants to have alerts/alarms when the client count reach a limit in APs, is there any way to configure this in WLC or in Cisco prime?, can someone be so kind to explain me with apples how to do this?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

AndreaTornaghi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear, you should do that using RF Profile (RF Profile is used by AP Group).

You can configure that under Wireless - RF Profiles - "Add new" - and in RRM tabs you should change in Profile Threshold for traps the value of Clients (1 - 200).

This will generate an alert traps based on the number of clients that you have setted before.

In case that your WLC is connected to Prime you should check that WLC is sending SNMP traps to Prime also for threshold alarm and if everything is configured as manual you will be able to see AP's alert threshold from Prime's dashboard.

AdamF1
Level 1
Level 1

I would go as far as setting up a RF group on your controller as all of this can be done within Prime.

Depending on your version of Prime there may be a different way of setting of the alerts and notifications.

Prime 3.2

1. You will need to set up email notifications if you haven't already Administration>system settings>mail and notification

2. Create a notification policy under Alarms and Events on the same System settings page

-define your Conditions, device groups, destinations, 

-The alarm you are looking for is under Conditions>Wireless>AP>AP Client Count Threshold Violated

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card