cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS and Clean Air

Ronald Nutter
Level 1
Level 1

Just upgraded our WCS server to the 7.x code over the weekend.  Turned up the first 3500 series AP's today.  The AP's have been up for about an hour.  I am seeing the Air Quality graphs on WCS.  On the Worst 802.11a/n and 802.11b/g/n Interferers windows, I am see a WCS System Error Page message but only in those windows.  I have gone over the documentation and dont see that I need to enable anything else on WCS.

Anybody else seen this ?

Ron

10 Replies 10

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I think a TAC case could help you finding out where this comes from.

Nicolas

Bernhard Kohl
Level 1
Level 1

Same here. Did you found any solution? Thanks in advance!

According to TAC, this is by design.  Apparently we need to upgrade to the WCS Plus license in order to get this functionality.

We arent real happy with this answer because we bought WCS just as Clean Air was starting to ship.  With the current budget cycle, it will be at least a year and a half before we will be able to request the money.  My concern is that we can see this info in the WLC without having to buy an additional license for the controller, so I dont think we should have to buy another license for WCS.

A screen other than the error we get would have been a little nicer to have.  Now it looks like we have a broken product.

Yes, it seems to be a very strange policy. Thanks again for your quick reply!

IF you purchase 3500 in an "econo-pack" (a box of 10) you'll get  the WCS Plus License upgrade for FREE.

We purchased one of those box of 10 3500 AP's.

How or who to I speak with in Cisco to get the upgraded WCS license from?

Thank you in advance

You can open a TAC case in several ways:  Phone, Web or email.

You’ll need to give TAC the license PAK as well as the complete host name of your WCS.

Please don’t forget to rate our useful posts.  Thanks.

Hi Mike,

As leo said you can contact TAC to get the license PAK, but i suggest to open the TAC SR through CSC discussion link. So once you open your TAC service request through CSC discussion, SR will include your discssion information and no need to provide the same info to TAC engg which is already present in this discussion thread.

for more informaiton:-

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13613

thanks,

Vinay

Thanks & Regards

Thanks Vinay and Leo.

So if I read the link correct I can only open an SR from within a thread that I have created and since I did not create this thread then I will have to create a new thread basically referring back to this one?

I just want to make sure I do the process correctly.

Yes I have a valid contract and I for sure can provide the name of my WCS.

As for the PAK information on the 10 pack of 3500's we bought, is that something I can get from the invoice or should I be able to find the appropriate PAK info somewhere else?

Thank you again, this has been a real eye openner for me.

As for the PAK information on the 10 pack of 3500's we bought, is that something I can get

When you purchase the eco-pack, the box would include a sealed envelope of the Software Serial Number.  Inside is the Software License Claim Certificate with the Product Authrisation Key (PAK).

Contact Cisco TAC give them the host name of your WCS server, PAK and they'll email you with the license file.

To upload the license file to your WCS, go to your WCS > Administration > License Centre > Files > WCS Files > Add

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card