cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Portal On WLC Question

Steven Williams
Level 4
Level 4

I want to create a basic page that has some legal verbiage on it and requires the user to accept the terms.

I dont want a whole authentication process. How can I do this with the WLC?  I also want any request to any site after they connect to a wireless ssid to redirect them to this page so they cant surf till they accept.

thoughts?

23 Replies 23

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Steve,

You have a few options.

1. You can create a new page from nothing. You can d/l webauth bundles from Cisco.com under wireless.

2. You can use the cisco generic page and enter your own wording. GO ->SECURITY->WEB AUTH

Once you have the page ready. Create a WLAN with passthrough. A user will get a simple accept button and will be on their way AFTER they hit accept.  You can also add a redirect page say to your web site under the same WEB AUTH page.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Here is a config example 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a00809bdb5f.shtml

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So multiple answers here.

1.) If you are not needing to completly customize...i.e. you don't need to load your own images.

A) Go to Security > WebAuth > Webauth login page.

here you can type in your AUP. 

B.) Then under the WLAN set the Security > L3 to Web Policy.  Check the box for passthrough.

This will enforce the user to click on the accept button before they can browse any pages.

2.) If you are needing to use your own images, you can download the webauth.tar bundle from CCO in the same area you go to download code for the WLC.

You can use the templates contained therein to customize your own page.

From there follow step B, but you will also need to select 'Override Global config' and change teh dropdown to customezed. then you select your page name from the drop down

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just saw this:

Verify the Web Passthrough Authentication

Complete these steps:

1. Open a browser window and enter the virtual IP address that is configured on the WLC.

Here, the secure https://1.1.1.1/login.html is used. This step is important in versions earlier than 3.0, but the step is not necessary in later versions. In later versions, any URL brings you to the web passthrough page.

A security alert window displays

How can I get the security warning to go away?

you would need to load an external CA cert, so that the clients have a trust of the issuing authority.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00806e367a.shtml

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

So a third-party cert? One you purchase?

That is correct.  For the guest page that is the way to get rid of that nag-message.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Here is a step by step...

http://www.my80211.com/home/2011/1/16/wlcgenerate-third-party-web-authentication-certificate-for-a.html

Anyone doing a webauth page redirect to an external server? I have the template of html code that cisco provided as a starting point, but I do not want to have users authenticate, just want them to have hit accept or decline...how do you get these buttons to work with the WLC when you redirect to external web server?

There are simple accept examples in the cisco web auth package. You can install these on the WLC and use a "custom" page. There is no need for an external server. As for how to use the buttons and build a web page, you need to know HTML or at the very least move the code around to do what you need it to.

You can use the simple default page as well.

If the WLC only allows the uploads of native unix packages like .tar, why is the webauth bundle a .zip package? Do I need to convert this to a .tar file? Can I use winrar?

So that most programs can open it. Last I heard PKzip was recommended

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

I use both 7-Zip and Power Archiver on Windows to bundle up the files when I create webauth bundles.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Ok so I have these files, now do I just put them in a .tar file name it anything? Or does it have to be named something specific?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card