cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

802.11ac Wave 2 Support

southerndoc
Level 1
Level 1

Any idea when we might see 802.11ac Wave 2 devices similar to the WAP371 wave 1?

3 Replies 3

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Sir, I know that Wave2 is on our roadmap, but currently there is not a timeline that has been shared with me.

I will be glad to bump this thread when I become aware of  any update.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Hi Eric,

Will these be for small businesses/home environments?

Also, any chance that you could pass along to the engineers to properly design the WAP and mounting hardware to hide the ethernet cable?  I would love to mount my WAP371's but the cable would be visible.

They would be for SMB's/HO's.

I know what you mean, something like with the WAP551/561 where the connection is underneath out of sight. 

With the WAP500 series since they are PoE only, I think they had a little more leeway in how to position the ethernet connection. Since with the WAP100/300 series, they have the option for a power adapter, in order to keep the size the same, I think the inside space is a little more limited. But, I have not had a chance to look at the internals of the WAP371.

They could go with something like the WAP100/300 series and add a cover. 

In anyway, I will definitely pass that suggestion along to my contacts in the Business Unit.

Eric Moyers