cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-SAP702i - Can't get both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz on same SSID using Web interface

djohnson
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to configure a AIR-SAP702i and are running into problems with the SSID for both channels.

I initially setup the device and it was working fine.  However, the owner of the business decided he wanted to change the SSID.  I attempted change from Security SSID Management but it would not allow me to change the SSID.

I deleted the SSID and attempted to create it again from the Easy Setup->Network Configuration.  It said the interface already had encryption enabled and would not allow me to add a new SSID.

At this point I did a factory reset (with keep IP address...which did not work) and start over. After I discovered the device on my network again I found it had reset.  I setup the new SSID as I had before and now I find I cannot add the 2.4 GHz to the SSID and now it is not broadcasting any SSID even though I checked to broadcast the SSID.

At this point I would like to find how to ensure that both channels are on the same SSID and that it will broadcast or do a factory reset from the device, not software reset.

Note:  It came with no documentation except for a small piece of paper that pointed me to the Cisco website.  I cannot find any configuration information for the SAP702i on Cisco site and really not on the internet in general.  I have already found from another device that support for this is not available from phone or chat.

Please help.

1 Reply 1

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Mr. Johnson, I saw that you had not received any response and even though I work on Small Business Access Points would like to try and assist you. Were you able to find any information at all on the Cisco site? If not I have a few links I could send you that may help. Unfortunately Small Business Access Points are not IOS based and I would not be of any help there but I am good at and willing to assist with researching and seeing if I can find anything to help you.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Small Business Wireless Subject Matter Expert