cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Another AP541N unable to talk properly with DHCP

kotjnewman
Level 1
Level 1

I'm seeing a lot of this, wish I would have looked here closely before buying these.

We have 2 AP 541N in a cluster for our wireless network. Everything had been working fine for the first 5 months, until last week.

Now, when connecting via the wireless, they no longer get a proper IP address/ gateway information. Everything else is fine but those 2 (they see a proper subnet and DNS servers)

Example, if we would normally get a 192.160.200.x ip with a gateway of 192.160.200.1 gateway, they now get a 192.160.0.x IP with a 192.160.0.1 gateway.

I can manually set the TCP/IP override for the wireless then it works, but that means going to every laptop and making sure they are running 3rd party wireless software and setting it up, not the best thing to do.

Resetting the AP's get it to work for less than a day, so resetting them twice a day or more isn't an option.

I've updated the firmware to the newest, even did a factory reset and set them up from scratch again. Stil hasn't resolved this issue.

Is there somewhere else to look?

Will Cisco ever find a fix for these, because the executives here are not happy and neither am I. How can they let an issue like this persist for years (reading through the forum) with no real fix?

1 Reply 1

seguinmario
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joseph,

We have the same issue. Did you find a workaround?

Thank you.

Mario