cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP541N - no access, no IP address - HELP!

Jeremy Koch
Level 1
Level 1

HI Guys, i have 2 AP541N access points. Have been working well for a couple of years. Later last year they just dissapeard from CCA one day. COundt access them but they were still delivering 'wireless' so to speak

I have recently put them back to defaults to try and get them back in to CCA. i had one, but not the other. They would work fine via GUI/web access.

Then i updated them to 2.0.4 (both images) and since doing that i have no access to either of them via any form. i have reset them to defaults numerous times and still no love.

Please help! i dont want to bin them yet?!?!?

Is there any internal jumpers? any telnet or MAC address access?

UC540 system with 8.6.1 Software Pack       

UC540 system with 8.6.2 Software Pack
2 Replies 2

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

There are two things you could try.

Try entering WAPxxxxxx.local in your browser with xxxxxx = last 6 of the mac address

or

download the Cisco FindIT tool

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282833583&flowid=18841&softwareid=283453334&release=1.0.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

and see if it can find the devices and get in.

Other than that I would say call the UC team at 1-866-606-1866 and let them assist you. They are the team that knows CCA.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866 ext 601027

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Hi Eric, unfortuently neither of these methods have worked.

are there any other tools that may help with recovering these two devices?

they are no longer under warranty and it woul dbe a shame to have 2 perfectly good AP541Ns binned just because i updated the firmware

when i hold down the reset switch the device resetds to defaults, goes through a boot up screen and i end up with PWR light steady, SPEED light steady and LAN light flashing.

UC540 system with 8.6.1 Software Pack

UC540 system with 8.6.2 Software Pack