cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 2125 bad design by Cisco, product development should revise

rdzienis
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed Cisco product sales support staff is pushing 2125 WLAN controller as great WLAN solution. They got me into considering one as something what will work just fine.

I strongly disagree, this product is extremely poor design and it is missing gigabit port for LAN connection.

This product will support 25 APs with its eight 10/100 Mbps ports. Only 6 APs can be linked per port. So for 25 APs you are already using 5 ports. Per manual POE ports 7 & 8 should not be used for anything other than single AP so that leaves you with only 1 port #6 to connect to your LAN.

Yes, that is true, 100Mbps for all the WLAN users on the 25 access points and product is advertised to support high speed N wi-fi capable of doing 300Mbps per user node. What a nonsense? makes no sense even for lightweight use.

Makes you wonder who approved such product for production and what a bad design on the $6K piece of equipment

CISCO please put a Gigabit port on the 2100 series or stop marketing and pushing such poorly designed product.

1 Reply 1

jforebac
Level 1
Level 1

“Thank you for your question.  This community is for Cisco Small Business products and your question is in reference to a Cisco Elite/Classic product.  Please post your question in the Cisco NetPro forums located here: http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=main  This forum has subject matter experts on Cisco Elite/Classic products that may be able to answer your question.”