cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP Tech Support

blakezirkit
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, I am new to installing AP's, and my house has a router and we run 5.0 GHZ, which dosen't exactly go through walls very well. And so I decided to purchase two Cisco Air-CAP2702I-K9. I purchased them from a small business that was upgrading to new AP's. WIthout doing any computer work, the LED flashes green rapidly, then switches to a green and red sequence. NOTHING on the internet helps me and this was my last ditch effort was to write a new discussion on here. Some one please help me. I don't have good knowledge on Cisco AP's and I am lost. 

2 Replies 2

blakezirkit
Level 1
Level 1

Update: I ran drops through my my ceiling and placed on in the hallway and one in the garage, when I plug the AP's into those drops, they ONLY flash red fast. When I come back to my internet room, and plug the AP's with a shorter CAT 5 cable, which I had purchased a Cisco 110 Series Switch, the does the green rapid, then red and green sequence. Either way... nothing works.  

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The APs may be running in client mode (CAPWAP image)  , then they need a wireless controller to operate , to find out  , you could post the boot process of one of those APs. If so  they need to be converted to standalone mode , but this requires downloading software from Cisco for which you need a service contractIn general  you are better off in acquiring wireless products designed for home use , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '