Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Business Wireless 145AC Access Point

russb1971
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have 11 of these WAPs in our organization. One of them is setup as Primary AP and as the Preferred Primary. We had a major power failure last week and after the power got restored none of the WAPs were showing under Wi-Fi connections except for the SSID of WLANs. When I logged into the dashboard, I could see that all of them are connected to the network, but I couldn't see their SSIDs.

I have tried resetting the Primary AP to factory default using the Primary AP Tools and resetting rest of the WAPs using an open paperclip following methods underlined here.

Unfortunately, none of the methods fixed the issue even I tried them several times. Am I missing a step here or doing something wrong? Can someone please let me know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Russ.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This hard to say what went wrong -

So clear my views - in the Primary AP are you seeing all the AP and you not able to see SSID on clients ?

how about Primary AP, that broadcasting the SSID ? or none working ?

what Firmware running these kit now ?

Since all of them down, i go that route from scratch (turn off Primary AP) Take another AP and place as Primary AP and check othre AP can register ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, I am seeing all the APs, but do not see their SSIDs on clients.

None of them broadcasting SSIDs including Primary AP.

Current firmware version is 10.6.1.0

I haven't tried making another AP as a Primary AP and registering rest of the APs. I will try that and let you know.

Thanks again,

Russ.

russb1971
Level 1
Level 1

Hi again,

I did from scratch as you requested, but the only SSID I can see is WLAN's. I tried disabling broadcasting WLAN SSID, but no luck.

Thank you,

Russ.

but the only SSID I can see is WLAN's

Not sure i got this correctly - explain more for us to advise further where we can.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help