cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WAP4410N as Access Point and Repeater???

tech
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 WAP4410N router (latest firmware installed) that I would like to use to extend my WLAN to a another physical building so the client can have WIFI in the building.

Looking at the WAP4410N manual (p.43) under AP section, I assumed that I need the Wireless WDS Repeater setup (but I might be wrong).

I found a tutorial about how to do my set-up but when trying to log with my cellphone from the repeater, my phone is always looking for IP address without going further.  So I cannot log.  I have tried also with unprotected SSID without any difference.

In my initial set-up the AP router was on our business network plugged into a switch.  I was wondering if I had IP address problem (I am not really skillfull with network/DNS stuff and how device talk to each other on a network).  Then I tried with without network, getting same problem.  

Now I am wondering WDS Repeater is the setup I am looking for?

So before doing some more try (I have lost 2 days on trying) and asking all kind of question I would like to know if WDS Repeater is the way to go for my need?

Thanks a lot!

1 Reply 1

tech
Level 1
Level 1

Solve my problem...I bough a Linksys AC1200MAX