Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WAP561: Setting up a Guest SSID

SimonBirdhall
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am currently in the process of setting up a Guest network on our WAP561. The main aim of this task to create a Guests network that visitors can connect to without a password and navigate the internet, but not connect to LAN devices.

I have created a new Guest SSID and configurated captive portal to the following specification, please see attachment. I can see the HCS-Guest (2.4 GHz) SSID on my phone, as demonstrated in Figure 1. However, when I attempt to connect to the SSID I receive the following error; "trying to de-authenticate to station xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, but not authenticated."

On the device the phone, the SSID immediately jumps to 'Saved' status. I am a little stumped, I am missing something here? 

Figure 1: HCS-GuestFigure 1: HCS-GuestThank you in advance,

Simon.

2 Replies 2

Hello,

Did you let "Redirect" enable or disable? Also, did you see your mac address on 

Failed Authentication Clients ?

Hello Flavio,

'Redirect' is currently enabled, I have included a screen shot of the settings below. I located the MAC address in the 'Status and Statistics tab > Log'. The time correspond to when I was testing the AP. I couldn't see my MAC address on Failed Authentication Clients.

Instance ConfigurationInstance ConfigurationThank you,
Simon.